PANCAKES WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
About this Recipe
If you are looking at your pantry and are down to the basics – how about some light and fluffy coconut flour pancakes to lift your mood and get ready for the weekend or for a simple weekday breakfast. Add some sugar-free salted caramel sauce and bacon for an – oh so exciting – breakfast treat.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- 56g butter
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 118ml heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup coconut flour, 3 tbsp xylitol, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
2. Add 6 large eggs, 1/4 cup butter melted butter, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and stir to combine.
3.Add 3/4 cup sparkling or regular water – whisk until smooth. Let batter rest a few minutes to thicken.
4. Add butter to your pan and add 2 – 3 tbsps of batter and shape into a circle. Cook till golden brown and top is set. Flip and repeat.
5. For the sugar-free salted caramel sauce – which truly is like liquid gold – simmer and stir 56g of butter in a saucepan until fully browned.
6. Add 1/4-1/2 cup xylitol, 118ml heavy whipping cream and ¼ to ¾ tsp salt stirring until fully combined.
7. Add in 1tsp molasses (optional), and stir. Simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes (don’t stir!), taste for seasoning and pour into a glass container – ready to enjoy with your coconut pancake stack!